Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Single-Phase, at last! (r2e4)

On Fri, 26 Nov 2010 16:07:42 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

FINALLY, I got my r2e4 Bridgeport converted to single-phase.

No more of that damned RPC singing over in the corner, no.

As it turns out, the R2E4 machine is basically a single-phase machine,
anyway, except for the spindle motor (which is definitely 3-phase).

The electronics all run off two (single) phases of the incoming power,
and there are no references to the phases. All it took to get them
converted was to move a couple of leads.

To adapt the spindle, I installed a VFD and a relay isolator that would
track the F/R signals from the motor relays, and signal the VFD to
start/stop/forward/reverse.

It cost only $149 and some labor.

Now to make metal in the QUIET! G

LLoyd

Very well done!!

Though..I moved my RPC outside the shop and around the corner and can
barely hear the thing even if the shop is quiet.

But you did very well! Bravo!

Gunner

--
"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it,
or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't