Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French chris French is offline

Default Green Deal - new jobs insulating 3.5 million homes.

In message , Roger Chapman
writes
On 25/11/2010 17:05, Dave Liquorice wrote:

I findrt it really stupid that the houses with any solid walls (not just
entirely solid wall) are not getting internal insulation grants.

I agree and not purely because I'd benefit from such a grant. But it
takes a compartively long time and is very disruptive compared to
squirting something into a cavity... The former is expensive the
latter cheap.

Trouble with grants is that even if you can get one the grant comes
complete with a rip-off merchant who gets all the benefit and you end
up with a job you could diy for less without any grant.

Depends. I don't think I could have got the loft insulation as cheap as
the subsided job cost. And I didn't have to do it which isn't fun.
--
Chris French