Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Experiences with, opinions on "Shark Bite" pipe fittings?

On Nov 25, 6:13*pm, Bob Villa wrote:
On Nov 25, 4:48*pm, Red Green wrote:

Guess I'll have to give Sharkbites a try some day. Seems the majority of
experiences from this group and external are positive. Problem is I'm to
frikkin cheap to try them. Besides, how can Sharkbites replace being a
real man with a torch and melting metel :-)

We have an Invacare whirlpool tub at work that had Sharkbite fittings
on the sanitizer system and had one leak after a year and a different
one fail at about 2+ years.
I wasn't impressed with them being used on a commercial unit.

Yeah, that's odd. It wouldn't inspire confidence to see what's really
a retrofit fitting used that way.