Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Default Experiences with, opinions on "Shark Bite" pipe fittings?

On 11/25/2010 1:13 PM, RicodJour wrote:
On Nov 25, 1:25 pm, The Daring
wrote:
On 11/25/2010 7:37 AM, wrote:

On another trip, this same idiot was recommending those Shark Bite
fittings, telling me how wonderful they are, how he uses them at the
local school. On that trip I was looking for a pressure gauge for a
residential water system and he had told me a couple minutes before
that city water pressure is about 2 PSI......

Don't throw out the baby with the bath water - if the guy's an idjit,
that doesn't mean everything they mention is crap.

It wasn't clear from your post - have you ever tried a Sharkbite
fitting?

The city of ancient Rome? :-)

Did you ever see the height of some of those aqueducts? I wonder if
they were able to develop a pressurized water distribution system.
100' high aqueduct would provide over 40 psi. I wonder if the Romans
had pressure washers...?

I could have sworn that I read or saw a documentary showing that there
is an original Roman fountain that is still flowing without interruption
in the same location it was built centuries ago but I couldn't find a
reference with a quick search. I did find that some have been moved and
or restored. I do think that their high tech lead pipes, dinnerware and
lead containing food and drink may have caused their slow decline.

I have to wonder what the world would be like if The Roman Empire had
endured? I suppose we would be speaking Latin? Remember the Star Trek
episode "Bread and Circuses" from the original series showing Romans
with machine guns and televised gladiatorial fights? 8-)

TDD