Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default trickle battery charger

Ok, let me change that to "they've had a lot of good reviews and a few
negative reviews too" :-)

I have been using a couple of the $20 Schumacher chargers from Wal-Mart. I
haven't checked the charging voltage yet but they appear to do OK. I also
have a Deltran Battery Tender Plus. I have bad batteries in my Ford 8N
tractor and in my forklift, I'm wanting to have good float chargers before
investing in new batteries, I don't like to have to replace batteries every
year on equipment that doesn't get used but a few times per year.

I have been playing with Arduino microcontroller boards working toward
making multi-chemistry battery chargers. If I get it going I plan to have
temperature compensation to keep the batteries at the correct float voltage
year around and perhaps charge the batteries to charge voltage once a day or
so to simulate a car being ran every day. Not sure if it would be
beneficial or not but it doesn't take much effort to try or disable.

RogerN

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Yep, that's the culprit. Boiled my battery dry.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"RogerN" wrote in message

http://www.harborfreight.com/automat...ger-42292.html
This Harborfreight charger seems to have pretty good reviews, might be
worth
a try for the money. Other than that I've heard the Battery Tender is
good.