Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The Gas Man Cameth ...

Adrian wrote:
The Natural Philosopher gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying:

I remember wryly shredding the damp and rot guarantees after I had
demolished the damp rotten shell of this house.

Guaranteed to be damp and rotten?

To be fair most of the bits that had been treated were OK.

Just not much HAD been treated and the maintenance was absysmal. water
was getting in at bargeboard level and dripping inside the timber walls
and there was rising damp round the lovely porous brick fireplaces.

I had always meant to totally redo it, and it was cheap. But a total
refurb turned into a new build once we started poking into the structure...