Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Green Deal - new jobs insulating 3.5 million homes.

On Thu, 25 Nov 2010 13:26:55 +0000, george [dicegeorge] wrote:

Over the next two years we expect to insulate 3.5 million homes, with a
renewed focus on those in fuel poverty - and those who need it most.

I like that, well into fuel poverty here. But 3.5 million homes in
730 days? Nearly 5,000/day... that's not going to be what this place
needs, ie rip out all the uninsulated dry lining, replace with 50 to
100mm celetox or similar, reline and decorate. That's going to be
throw a few rolls of loft insulation about and stick in some draught
proofing.

Then, from 2012 onwards, energy saving packages worth thousands will be
installed in millions of homes, with the capital and interest costs
covered by savings on energy bills.

More free CFL's? Or perhaps LED lamps? The already announced and
progressing swap to "smart metering"?

--
Cheers
Dave.