Posted to uk.d-i-y
george [dicegeorge] george [dicegeorge] is offline

Default Green Deal - new jobs insulating 3.5 million homes.

The Green Deal, a Liberal Democrat manifesto commitment, is the
Government’s new and radical way of making energy efficiency available
to all, whether people own or rent their property.

Liberal Democrat Energy and Climate Change Secretary, Chris Huhne
announced today that by 2015 up to 100,000 Green Deal workers could be
employed in the effort to upgrade and insulate Britain’s homes.

http://www.libdems.org.uk/news_detai...4-ab90caca278e

our outdated housing stock leaks heat and wastes carbon.

Our response is the Green Deal, a radical programme to bring our houses
out of the dark ages.

Over the next two years we expect to insulate 3.5 million homes, with a
renewed focus on those in fuel poverty - and those who need it most.

Then, from 2012 onwards, energy saving packages worth thousands will be
installed in millions of homes, with the capital and interest costs
covered by savings on energy bills.

And we will look at how we can apply the Green Deal model to businesses,
too – enabling them to cut carbon, and cut costs.