Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Watts Tim Watts is offline

Default The Gas Man Cameth ...

This is true except that it is used as a bargaiing point when
negotiating teh proce. Happened to me when selling mums house.

'Boiler isn't certificated, 5000 off my offer'

What does "certified" mean? A brand new boiler may have installation
certification but a few years down the line it is all meaningless.

'the boiler is however
safe, if old and inefficient, **** off'

Quite right.

What I have done is to have a boiler service and a landlord's gas safety
check done and offer that as standard - it costs a hundred quid (plus
boiler service) and is about the most meaningful thing to offer IMHO.

--
Tim Watts