Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Downie[_3_] Tim Downie[_3_] is offline

Default The Gas Man Cameth ...

Appelation Controlee wrote:
We had the National Grid engineer here yesterday to do a gas meter
swap-out and, in the course of this, he did a pressure test on our
installation which resulted in him giving the thumbs down to our
central heating boiler because its gas control valve seeps when
rotated (although not when it's in the service position).

So, I'm looking for a new valve.

Is it not possible to service the old valve? I would have thought that a
bit of disassembly, cleaning and reassembly with a suitable lubricant would
fix the problem.

Alternatively, I wonder if it would be legal to fit a new isolation valve in
series with the existing one?

Tim