Posted to uk.d-i-y
Appelation Controlee Appelation Controlee is offline

Default The Gas Man Cameth ...

On Wed, 24 Nov 2010 16:38:39 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Wed, 24 Nov 2010 15:33:52 +0000, Appelation Controlee wrote:

We really don't want to contemplate having a new boiler, as we hope to
sell and move from here early next year.

Hum, with a boiler that old it's going to knock a few grand off the
price of the house or at least give any buyers a reason for making
reduced offers. It's also not a good selling point, where as a new
boiler is...

Have a couple of cents...

Point taken, but it's a floor-standing beastie with a huge flue
terminal. The impact on the kitchen of having such work done would be
really major. e.g. I can't visualise such a job being done without
removing the worktop that bridges the boiler, and that also carries
the kitchen sink.