Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag[_3_] Snag[_3_] is offline

Default Anyone here rebuild a F163 engine

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 21:39:16 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

My SA200 is leaking oil from front and rear seals. Will probably
put an additive in there, but am not expecting a lot. Has anyone
rebuilt one of these four bangers? Doesn't look like anything
complicated. I've rebuilt about half a dozen V-8's in my life, the
old 283/327 Chevies. Parts seem to be available, probably even from
NAPA.

Ideas appreciated. I know it will cost a bit, but compared to a new
one, it will be less, and I like this old gal. If the back half
checks out, I may spring for it. I'm guessing $500. Anyone know
the real price?

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Learn how to care for a friend.
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

$500 for what? The seals? $75 at most for all the seals you are
gonna need and then some.

Gunner

--
"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it,
or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't

I think he meant a total rebuild - rings , rods & mains , seals , maybe an
overbore and pistons depending on taper and OOR . That's a flathead isn't it
? Might need valves/guides and a set of hard seats too . Not sure if
flatties even have valve guide seals ...

--
Snag
Learning keeps