Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
F. Bertolazzi F. Bertolazzi is offline

Default There IS Justice

flipper:

Your theory is the success of mail order in the US is due to 'saving
tax'? I don't think so because mail order was already a success long
before the first State dreamed up a sales tax.

So why the very same companies failed here despite huge investments and 20
years of efforts?

Well, it's a means to encourage exports because that brings cash flow
into the country.

It can be easily done by allowing them to ask for a refund.

The only good thing done by our government in the last 10 years is a form
where you state how much you owe for VAT, Social Security, personal income,
injury fund, helthcare. You sum up all the dues and pay the total.

If any of the items is negative... well, you sum it anyway, so you can have
an "instant refund". It' several years that I don't pay anything with that
form, since they still owe me. But, at least, I don't have to pay the sums
with a plus in front and wait for 5 yrs the reimbursement of what I
overpaid.

So the "abitual exporters" could easily recoup the VAT that way, balancing
the income taxes of their employees. But no, too simple and transparent.

Besides, taxes are allegedly for benefits to the people (I.E. in
country) paying them so why should 'them foreigners' pay it?

By the way, in my case, the "abitual exporters" do not export anything.
It's just that ships are, fiscally, a foreign state (while, as you know,
they are part of our territory, wherever they are) and VAT does not apply
to them.

if you happen to have mostly "abitual
exporters"

Interesting term. Why are they called "habitual" exporters as opposed
to simply exporters? What is the 'emotional appeal' supposed to be?

LOL. I believe (and am pretty sure) if they make most of their income by
expoerting stuff.

Well, that's the problem with handing it over 'up front' and then
trying to get it back later and I say that's the same 'convenience of
the government' philosophy that's backwards, because I'm a
Jeffersonian. Government exists for the 'convenience' of the people
and not the other way around.

To be more precise, governments should exist just for managing the
"monopoly of violence". Make the rules (Parliament), Apply the rules
(Judiciary) and enforce them (Government proper, with its Police and Army).

All the rest should be outside its jurisdiction. Your Agencies work pretty
well, but they are a strange mix. And they are, if I'm not mistaken, non
elected.

Here, out of three "arms" of Statem, we do elect only Parliament, which
elects th Government. Weird, but not as weird as the fact that judges, once
they pass (a tough) exam, are tere for live, whatever they do.
Tell me, do judge's election brings problems (corruption, lobbying) with
it?