Posted to sci.electronics.equipment,alt.electronics,misc.industry.electronics.marketplace

Default Programmable appliance controller?

On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 01:01:01 -0600, "Jane_Galt"
wrote:

John Fields wrote :

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 13:58:09 -0600, "Jane_Galt"
wrote:

Does anyone make a programmable appliance controller that can handle
fluorescent lights?

I want to be able to program lights so that they always go off at 10 PM
but match the number of hours in the local day.

---
I'm not sure I understand.

Do you mean that you want the controller to always turn the lights on
at something like "sunrise plus one hour" and always turn them off at
10 PM?

What about daylight savings time?

No, I want them to always go off at 10 PM and be on the length of the local
daylight. So, for example, if we have 7.25 hours of local daylight that day,
I want them to come on 7.25 hours before 10 PM and go off at 10 PM.

A PC, X10, and SMOP.