Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Got another boat this week

On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 11:21:52 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

It depends on how far you are from the dock..the wind and wave
conditions.

Im curious though. You appear to be making the claim that I shouldnt get
a motor for my boat, because if it quits..I wont be able to make it
"home".

Does this also hold true for the literally millions of other boat owners
in the US alone?

If the motor in your 37' something or other quits..you will be able to
make it to your destination. So why did you spend $5000 on it? Its
obviously worthless to you and a liability if the engine quits.

I will be drifting forever on my inland lakes..and you will be marooned
forever on the same stretch of roadway...both of us
alone...trapped...starving to death (though Ill have water)....waiting
for the Reaper.......

Drama queen! You won't starve if you fish while drifting. Marooned
on the roadway, hoh golly! Cain't fish where there ain't water.