Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Got another boat this week

On Nov 20, 9:07*pm, Rich Grise wrote:
Gunner Asch wrote:

But then..virtually no ski boat has a trolling motor either and they
seem to be rather popular.

Yeah. When the motor craps out, they have those skis to paddle with. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

I tried using a trolling motor with 2 batteries for a motor for my row
boat.
It didn’t get anywhere near far enough to matter.

Some time, just for giggles, go out with your motor then troll all the
way home.

I bet you don’t make it without the motor.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

But then..virtually no ski boat has a trolling motor either and they
seem to be rather popular.

Yeah. When the motor craps out, they have those skis to paddle with. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

I tried using a trolling motor with 2 batteries for a motor for my row
boat.
It didn’t get anywhere near far enough to matter.

Some time, just for giggles, go out with your motor then troll all the
way home.

I bet you don’t make it without the motor.

It depends on how far you are from the dock..the wind and wave
conditions.

Im curious though. You appear to be making the claim that I shouldnt get
a motor for my boat, because if it quits..I wont be able to make it
"home".

Does this also hold true for the literally millions of other boat owners
in the US alone?

If the motor in your 37' something or other quits..you will be able to
make it to your destination. So why did you spend $5000 on it? Its
obviously worthless to you and a liability if the engine quits.

I will be drifting forever on my inland lakes..and you will be marooned
forever on the same stretch of roadway...both of us
alone...trapped...starving to death (though Ill have water)....waiting
for the Reaper.......

Gunner

--
"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it,
or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

[...]

So offer 'em a buck for it, as-is.

I will be drifting forever on my inland lakes..and you will be marooned
forever on the same stretch of roadway...both of us
alone...trapped...starving to death (though Ill have water)....waiting
for the Reaper.......

How about those gov't employees who got stranded on the escalator and
died? Sad. titter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_Qk_OiBFN0

--
Education is when you read the fine print.
Experience is what you get if you don't.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

But then..virtually no ski boat has a trolling motor either and they
seem to be rather popular.

Yeah. When the motor craps out, they have those skis to paddle with. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

I tried using a trolling motor with 2 batteries for a motor for my row
boat.
It didn’t get anywhere near far enough to matter.

Some time, just for giggles, go out with your motor then troll all the
way home.

I bet you don’t make it without the motor.

I had a problem with my outboard this past summer, made the 1.2 mile
trip home with the trolling motor. It took awhile but it was a
pleasant summer evening and I was in no hurry. Picked up a few bass
along the way. Fiberglass V-hull boat, maybe 1500 lb with batteries,
tackle, outboard and fuel. Green. It's my lil green boat. Ranger 681VS
"Fisherman" bought used, had it for 15 years now. I purely love that
lil green boat.

The problem was corroded battery connections, easily fixed.

Time to replace all three batteries this coming spring.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

It depends on how far you are from the dock..the wind and wave
conditions.

Im curious though. You appear to be making the claim that I shouldnt get
a motor for my boat, because if it quits..I wont be able to make it
"home".

Does this also hold true for the literally millions of other boat owners
in the US alone?

If the motor in your 37' something or other quits..you will be able to
make it to your destination. So why did you spend $5000 on it? Its
obviously worthless to you and a liability if the engine quits.

I will be drifting forever on my inland lakes..and you will be marooned
forever on the same stretch of roadway...both of us
alone...trapped...starving to death (though Ill have water)....waiting
for the Reaper.......

Drama queen! You won't starve if you fish while drifting. Marooned
on the roadway, hoh golly! Cain't fish where there ain't water.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Of course not. But HE didnt know that.

VBG