Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,alt.comp.freeware
Dustin Dustin is offline

Default How to print & frame a roughly 5'x10' google satellite view on a wall

"David H. Lipman" wrote in
:

From: "Dr Rig"

| I have a wall that I want to cover with roughly a 5 foot by 10 foot
| "picture" frame of a google satellite view of the surrounding area.

| Any idea how to accomplish the various technical parts?
| - For the 'frame', I'm thinking of making it out of pine
| - For the 'glass', I'm wondering how big a sheet of thin plastic I
| can buy - For the 'printing', I'm not sure, but maybe Kinkos can
| print it?

| Have any of you ever created a huge frame and/or printing of google
| maps?

| Can you give me some pointers to get me going in the right
| direction?

LOL, a 5' x 10' print for FREE ?
You did post this to a freeware group!

I use a HP DesignJet T1120 and that is only 44" wide.
I could split this job into two halves using PhotShop.
Top: 2.5' x 10' and Bottom: 2.5' x 10'

Was that glossy or matte ?

Stupidity isn't a crime. So you're free to go.