Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe Pfeiffer Joe Pfeiffer is offline

Default SK hand tool, sadness and silliness abounds

Gunner Asch writes:

On Sat, 20 Nov 2010 23:41:28 -0700, Joe Pfeiffer
wrote:

Tim Wescott writes:

I know that the British had a problem with artillery rounds during
WW-I
(which I believe they solved), and Stephan Ambrose talks about how
German artillery rounds were often duds during the allied invasion of
Europe (and since I have the second edition, includes a letter from a
former Jewish slave laborer, who was one of many that would
intentionally sabotage munitions -- I don't know that I could ever
muster the courage to go to work every day, and quietly engage in
behavior that would have my employers making me wish I were dead long
before they killed me).

Quiet, unsung, unrecognized, unrewarded hweroism. I don't know that I'd
have passed that test either.

Given that the Jews knew pretty well that they were going to eventually
die, often from starvation or disease..wouldnt your biggest concern be
not getting caught and sabotaging as many "widgets" as you could before
you died?

The psychology rarely seems to work that way. The vast majority of
people seem to do whatever will keep them alive as individuals alive for
another minute, regardless of the impact on other people's survival or
their long-term odds.

Indeed heroic. Which is why I strongly support Israel. They are the
survivors..and those who will never let such brutality happen to them
again, no matter who the enemy is.

"Never Again"

Gunner