Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,alt.comp.freeware
Sjouke Burry[_2_] Sjouke Burry[_2_] is offline

Default How to print & frame a roughly 5'x10' google satellite view ona wall

Robert Coe wrote:
On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 21:22:24 +0000 (UTC), Dr Rig wrote:
: I have a wall that I want to cover with roughly a 5 foot by 10 foot
: "picture" frame of a google satellite view of the surrounding area.
:
: Any idea how to accomplish the various technical parts?
: - For the 'frame', I'm thinking of making it out of pine
: - For the 'glass', I'm wondering how big a sheet of thin plastic I can buy
: - For the 'printing', I'm not sure, but maybe Kinkos can print it?

You can print it yourself if you have access to a decent inkjet plotter. We
have one at work that takes four-foot rolls of paper, and they make them for
rolls even wider than that. The downside is that such large pictures are very
unwieldy. Framing and hanging are the hard part unless, as someone suggested,
you glue it up like wallpaper.

Bob

Ever seen a wet inkjet print?
I would not advise to use it as walpaper.
That would turn into a diaster.
There is hoever doublesided tape, in quite wide
rolls, that might do it.