Posted to alt.comp.freeware,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital
Don Phillipson[_3_] Don Phillipson[_3_] is offline

Default How to print & frame a roughly 5'x10' google satellite view on a wall

"Joe" Joe@TV wrote in message ...
On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 21:22:24 +0000 (UTC), Dr Rig wrote:

I have a wall that I want to cover with roughly a 5 foot by 10 foot
"picture" frame of a google satellite view of the surrounding area.

Have you considered going the old-fashioned route and using a fairly
powerful
slide projector? The bottom line could prove to be less expensive over
time.
The many advantages are obvious. Slides are cheap, easy to replace,
modify
and update. You need nothing on your display wall but specialized paint,
or
better yet a 5' x 10', or even better yet 6' x 12', projection screen.

A US decorator projected the Sistine Chapel onto his living room wall,
illustrated in C. Ray Smith's Supermannerism: New Attitudes in Post-
Modern Architecture (Dutton 1977).

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs