Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
F. Bertolazzi F. Bertolazzi is offline

Default There IS Justice

flipper:

It's even easier than that. Church--- no filing.

Yes, but I can't see why they should be treated differently than other
companies. The whole "no profit" sector smells like scam.

Or, conversely, I can't see why people and companies that produce should be
taxed at all. Taxes should be paid by consumers. The more you consume, the
more you use public infrastructure (directly or indirectly).

In Europe we have VAT, that's like sales tax, but it's much more difficult
to evade. On food, newspapers & books it's around 2%, on practically
everything else it's about 20%. Alcohol, cigarettes & gas have huge
additional levies.

That allows to let poor people pay just 2% of taxes.

But our governments get only 1/3 of their revenues from the above, 1/3 from
income taxes and 1/3 from pension funds. Pension that I'll never see, since
my money has already been spent (twice, in Italy).

Since retirement is calculated more or less like income taxes, the result
is that production is taxed twice as much as consumption.

That's tragically ridiculous.