Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Self-Repair Manifesto

On Sat, 20 Nov 2010 13:15:34 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Last week, I went to the local recycler to unload some eJunk and drag
home some more. On top of the pile was a nearly new HP DeskJet 8500
all-in-one printer, that looked like it had been removed from the
shipping box, run perhaps once or twice, and then tossed. It's been
recently replaced by the 8600. The owner probably wanted the latest
greatest and just tossed it. I left it because I have no customer
that needs an injet printer.

Isn't that a wireless/ethernet/USB model?

Yes. I have a customer with one. It was kinda tricky to setup via
wireless but I managed (without reading the instructions). OfficeJet
Pro 8500.
http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/printer/Officejet/1/storefronts/CB022A%2523B1H
I didn't think of taking a photo. Sorry. The power supply had been
separated and thrown into a different bin by the staff, so that would
have been a problem. Still, it was almost new with, no scratches, no
damage, no signs of wear, no signs of use, etc. What a waste...

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D