Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,alt.comp.freeware
Better Info Better Info is offline

Default How to print & frame a roughly 5'x10' google satellite view on a wall

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 14:07:55 -0800, Craig
wrote:

On 11/19/2010 01:22 PM, Dr Rig wrote:
I have a wall that I want to cover with roughly a 5 foot by 10 foot
"picture" frame of a google satellite view of the surrounding area.

All I can offer are a couple of freeware poster-printing apps:

Easy Poster Printer:
http://gdsoftware.dk/

PosterRazor
http://posterazor.sourceforge.net/

Haven't tried either.

PhotoLine www.pl32.net has an excellent poster-mode built-in under printing
options that is far better than any stand-alone app that I've found for
that, but it's not free. It can, however, be used indefinitely in
evaluation mode with nothing crippled, no watermarks, just a little nag to
wait through. I've used it since the mid 1990's just for its excellent
poster-printing feature before it climbed to the complex work-horse that it
is today, easily outdoing anything that PhotoSlop can do for over a decade.
It's not for the beginner though. You should have a solid background in
using any image editor before you try to tackle all that PhotoLine can do.
It's a marvel of concise and efficient programming, functions and features
that you don't even know it can do, quickly available at all places on your
workspace from CTRL, SHIFT, and ALT keypress and mouse-click combos. The
authors of that program really should get an international award for
packing so much functionality in so few bytes so efficiently. If you're new
to PhotoLine don't let its lackluster GUI fool you. I prefer function to
"pretty but dumb" any day when it comes to programming.