Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,alt.comp.freeware
peter peter is offline

Default How to print & frame a roughly 5'x10' google satellite view ona wall

On 11/19/2010 4:22 PM, Dr Rig wrote:
I have a wall that I want to cover with roughly a 5 foot by 10 foot
"picture" frame of a google satellite view of the surrounding area.

Any idea how to accomplish the various technical parts?
- For the 'frame', I'm thinking of making it out of pine
- For the 'glass', I'm wondering how big a sheet of thin plastic I can buy
- For the 'printing', I'm not sure, but maybe Kinkos can print it?

Have any of you ever created a huge frame and/or printing of google maps?

Can you give me some pointers to get me going in the right direction?

Doing so may very well be a copyright violation. Check with Google.

--
Peter