Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Default There IS Justice

flipper wrote:

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 18:52:38 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

flipper wrote:

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 19:03:21 +0100, "F. Bertolazzi"
wrote:

Michael A. Terrell:

Jim Thompson wrote:

Sure. Just "corporate" (*) taxes on their profits.

Most are strugling to pay their bills

No profit? No corporate taxes due. Easy.

It's even easier than that. Church--- no filing.

Boy, are you naive!

No, just informed.

From the 'gov' itself http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p4220.pdf

"RELIGIOUS
.
.
Although the IRC excludes these organizations from the requirement to
file an application for exemption, many churches voluntarily file
applications for exemption."

That is the filing for tax exempt status, not the annual filing to
prove you're exempt.

Non profits have very complex returns, to prove
they are non profit. My old computer club was read the riot act for
tossing a couple dead, five year old Commodore 64 computers, instead of
selling them for scrap.

'Computer Clubs', and other 'non profits', are not a Church protected
by the first amendment "free exercise" clause.

A legitimate church acting as a church need not file or do a blessed
thing.

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist! I m just a very ticked
off scientist!!!