Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,alt.comp.freeware
George Kerby George Kerby is offline

Default How to print & frame a roughly 5'x10' google satellite viewon a wall

On 11/19/10 3:22 PM, in article , "Dr Rig"
wrote:

I have a wall that I want to cover with roughly a 5 foot by 10 foot
"picture" frame of a google satellite view of the surrounding area.

Any idea how to accomplish the various technical parts?
- For the 'frame', I'm thinking of making it out of pine
- For the 'glass', I'm wondering how big a sheet of thin plastic I can buy
- For the 'printing', I'm not sure, but maybe Kinkos can print it?

Have any of you ever created a huge frame and/or printing of google maps?

Can you give me some pointers to get me going in the right direction?

Forget the technical. First, you better get permission to do this from
Google. Most reputable labs will not do the work without a release.