Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,alt.comp.freeware
Tegger[_3_] Tegger[_3_] is offline

Default How to print & frame a roughly 5'x10' google satellite view on a wall

H-Man wrote in
:

Let's see,
60x120" @ 80dpi=46,080,000 pixels
At 24bit color depth, that's 138,240,000 bytes for that file. Not too
terribly huge,

That's 132MB. But then you don't really need 24-bit pixel depth; 16 will
do. That takes the file down to 87MB. Even if you go down to 8 bit, which
is still quite acceptable for digital printing, it's 44MB. Still bigger
than I'd guessed.

We run digital stuff all the time, but our files contain vector and
transparencies in addition to raster components, so I was guessing on the
OP's needed file size. Most of our files are in the 20-40MB range. Now that
I think of it, I wasn't counting any linked Photoshop images, which can be
200MB or more. Add those to our usual Illustrator files, and we're /way/ up
there.

--
Tegger