Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Some electrical outlets not working

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 10:11:38 -0800, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article
,
jamesgangnc wrote:

Estimates for replacing a fuse box can go as high as $1000
so don't be shocked.

Was that a pun?

There is nothing unsafe about fuses and now that
you understand what happens when one o fthe mains goes you're really
covered at this point.

I agree that there isn't anything inherently unsafe about fuses, but not
everyone sees it that way. I bought a run-down house in another city a
few years back. I've actually never seen it, only pictures. In the
listing details, appearance was described as "poor." I didn't think I'd
be able to get financing, but my agent said I could get a "drive-by"
appraisal if I put 25% down on the house. Their were only two things
that needed to be verified:

1. The house existed.
2. The original equipment fusebox on the outside wall had been replaced
at some time by a breaker box.

(Here's a pic of the place my agent sent me in 2007, just before I
bought it

http://members.cox.net/prestwich/ahr1440.jpg

Is that little shack a duplex, or does it just have 2 front doors??