Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jeff_wisnia[_4_] jeff_wisnia[_4_] is offline

Default Faulty ALL Function on Comcast Remote Control

whit3rd wrote:

On Nov 19, 12:41 pm, jeff_wisnia
wrote:

The "ALL" button on my Comcast "Custom 3 Device Remote Control" has
stopped working properly and only switches the cable box on and off, but
no longer controls the TV.

I can't find anything in the Remote Control manual describing this
faulty action of the "ALL" button.

It's a bad manual (not guessing, I've been there).
The Comcast help menu might have instructions for doing the
programming of the remote for the function you want; that function
has to be turned OFF if you want to turn the TV off and let
your TiVO record during the night.

Couldn't find anything on the Comcast web pages after about 20 minutes
of sesaching. I tried a live chat with a tech named Cheryl which left me
feeling that if God had wanted women to understand technology he would
have given them brains instead of boobs. (Just kidding ladies.)

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)