Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Led vs LCD TVs and 720 pixels vs 1080.

On 11/19/2010 2:19 AM, Robert Green wrote:
wrote in message
m...
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

If you need HDMI cables, go to Amazon and buy the $4 ones. They
works as well as the $30+ cords. When I had my DirecTV setup, the
installer left me a couple of extras also.

Avoid Monster Cable. Get Blue Jean cable. Here's why:

" I say this because my observation has been that Monster Cable typically
operates in a hit-and-run fashion. Your client threatens litigation,
expecting the victim to panic and plead for mercy; and what follows is a
quickie negotiation session that ends with payment and a licensing
agreement. Your client then uses this collection of licensing agreements

convince others under similar threat to accede to its demands. Let me be
clear about this: there are only two ways for you to get anything out of

me.
You will either need to (1) convince me that I have infringed, or (2)

obtain
a final judgment to that effect from a court of competent jurisdiction. "

Read the whole thing:
http://www.audioholics.com/news/indu...s-strikes-back

A great letter. I've saved a copy for "boiler plating" in the future. I
really, really would like to see the outrageous and nonsensical claims
Monster has been making for year dealt with in court with expert witnesses
who would tear them a new output port. Sadly, I have friends that believe
that paying 10 times what a cable is worth makes it somehow ten times
better. )-:

I'm guessing if Monster is stupid enough to proceed, they might very well
end up having to admit, in court, that they are 98% hype and nothing more.

--
Bobby G.

Wouldn't your electrons rather travel in luxury? Contented audio signals
produce superior sound when they don't have to fight their
way down an impure copper pathway and traverse anything but the
most luxurious gold plated connections.

Dang! I should write copy for Monster Cable! 8-)

TDD