Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] stans4@prolynx.com is offline

Default Hex head vs hex socket head

On Nov 19, 2:07*am, Erik wrote:
I prefer Torx; one of the very few good inventions of Generous Motors.

Hmmm... I don't think Torx drive fasteners were GM's baby. They just use
them a lot. Check this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torx

For the record, I really like this drive system as well. I don't ever
recall having a Torx issue, other than the occasional need to clean
spooge and/or paint from screw heads.

Erik

You must live where salt on the roads isn't a Big Deal. I've lost
track of how many hex socket and Torx heads have rusted out to a sort-
of-round hole. Philips just rust out to a dimple. One reason for the
existance of needle-nose visegrips. Cars and trucks more than a few
years old look like metal mice have been nibbling on them.

Stan