Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default How much to change a pullswitch?

"Unbeliever" wrote in message

As a matter of interest, have you ever haggled for a discount off any
goods or services that you wished to buy - or even "paid by cash" to avoid
paying VAT on something? If you have, then you are a hypocrite and if you
say you haven't, then you are telling 'porkies'.

I have haggled over prices lots of times, I have even paid cash.
I expect a receipt, if the trader doesn't put it through his books he risks
getting caught and I will not lie to protect him. If the VAT man asks for
the receipt he will get a copy.