Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Led vs LCD TVs and 720 pixels vs 1080.

"Smitty Two" wrote
If you can get a 30
day price guaranty

Completely useless. Manufacturers have been creating private model
numbers for retailers for decades.

That's true to some extent, but it doesn't make every price guarantee
useless. I've seen many stores caring the exact same models. I've
also seen what you're talking about. The bottom line is, depending
on what TV you actually buy, the price guarantee could be useful.

All right, I concede that it's conceivable that the same store could
carry the same model 30 days later. Still, everyone who's ever bought
something and then price-shopped it for the next 30 days, please stand
up.

I'm standing

What don't you understand? You've never gone back to the same store 30 days
later? It was a big selling point for some of the electronics sellers that
if they drop prices up to 30 days later, they will give you a refund.
Makes a lot of sense because sales are lost when a customer is ready to buy
and thinks "I'll wait to see if it is one sale for the XXX holiday" and he
either never returns or goes elsewhere next week. The LG that I paid $830
for was on marked down to $790 a few weeks later and is probably even down
more now. Same exact set. Am I sorry? No, because I've been enjoying it
all along.