Posted to alt.home.repair
SBH[_4_] SBH[_4_] is offline

Default Led vs LCD TVs and 720 pixels vs 1080.

"SBH" wrote in message

"Higgs Boson" wrote in message
Oh, ye who are much smarter than *&&^%$) Verizon (if one can ever
reach a "human'):

1. I may have to break down and buy a new 32"TV -- which I hate to
do, given the small number of channels I watch out of the gazillion
available.

Am in throes of trying to understand the pros & cons of LCD vs LED.
The little research I have done on-line, e.g. http://
www.ledvslcdtv.com/ as well as others, has left me more confused than
ever.

I don't want to spend "x" today if the technology is going to take a
quantum leap tomorrow.

Your thoughts on Led vs Lcd welcome.

2. A supposedly knowledgeable friend told me that paying more for a
1080 pixels TV is justified only if images are transmitted in 1080.
Can images be transmitted either way? Or is it a function of the
receiver? (Showing my ignorance g)

Your thoughts on 1080 vs 720 greatly appreciated.

HB

You've received great advice.

As you've read, LED is simply backlighting in the LCD TVs. Normal
backlighting used fluorescent tubes and had a lower contrast ration. LED
offers a brighter screen and higher contrast ration.

Oops..."ratio"