Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Default There IS Justice

Jim Thompson wrote:

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 17:02:03 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 16:26:58 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 16:06:03 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

hamilton wrote:

Too far for me to travel. They are located at: 3701 West 12th
Street, Topeka, Kansas so if any of you are ever in Kansas on business,
you know where to stay away from.

Google maps shows this to be in a residential area.

I wonder how the neighbors like having them there ?

That was my thought, too.

Not much that can be done. Most cities don't have the brains to
impose zoning laws on churches, misconscrewing the intent of
"separation of church and state".

How about separation of politicians and people's wallets?

Personally, though, I believe in "balance": Any time a church is
allowed on a corner, it should be mandatory that the other three
corners are occupied by a Circle-K, a gas station, and an adult book
and "toy" store with an XXX-theater :-)

Around here you have to have enough parking spaces, a retention pond
for water runoff and meet all the safety codes and zoning for a
business. You can get in trouble for holding church services in a home
for more than a few people.

And churches should be taxed like any other retail business.

Not if they are actually helping people with things like food banks
or other community outreach programs.

Sure. Just "corporate" (*) taxes on their profits.

As in "corpus" :-)

Most are strugling to pay their bills and still help anyone around
here. Unemployment is up, the food banks are nearly empty and donations
are way down. There are no mega churches around here. The largest may
have 1000 members.

And the Catholics are burdened with paying damages for all the
pedophilia ;-)

That aside, my favorite charity is St. Mary's Food Bank.

But I _never_ give to "corner bums"... the "need money for food"
types. The local TV here filmed one of those walking a block and
getting into his Mercedes :-(

But that's pretty much gone. All the freeway ramp medians are now
labeled "Property of ADOT, No Trespassing". A few arrests, and they
stopped hanging out there.

I've tossed a few a 79 cent bag of potato chips.

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist! I m just a very ticked
off scientist!!!