Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Led vs LCD TVs and 720 pixels vs 1080.

On Nov 18, 11:42*am, Ron wrote:
On Nov 18, 11:04*am, jamesgangnc wrote:

On Nov 18, 10:23*am, Ron wrote:

On Nov 18, 10:09*am, jamesgangnc wrote:

On Nov 18, 9:55*am, Ron wrote:

On Nov 18, 9:41*am, wrote:

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 06:33:43 -0800 (PST), Ron
wrote:

For our friend considering a 32" TV, I'd say the difference beween
720P and either 1080i or p isn't going to be noticeable on that size
display.

Or on any TV up to 50" depending on how far away you are sitting from
the TV.

Many people can't readily tell the difference between a page of text
printed at 600 dpi from one printed at 1200 dpi. Other people see a
big difference.

Claiming that there is no difference between 720p and 1080p because
YOU, or even thousands of people, can't tell the difference, is just
foolish talk. Maybe you just can't see as well as other people, or
maybe you just aren't as critical a viewer.

A small diffence may be all that matters to people who want that small
difference, because they appreciate the slight extra measure of
quality.

Yeah, and all of the reviews I've read agree with me. At best the
difference is minimal, and not noticeable with the human eye.

Clearly you are blind. *I have a sony 1080p tv. *I can easily tell the
diffference between a blu ray movie at 1080p and any of the lower
resolutions sitting in our family room.

Oh, so you have a 720p TV sitting right next to your 1080p for
comparison while viewing a Blu-ray with the same source material.

You obviously haven't read what I wrote. Try again.- Hide quoted text -

You said;

"I have a 50" Panasonic 720 Plasma. My neighbor has a 50" LG 1080
Plasma. We both sit about 11 ft away from our TVs. There is NO
noticeable resolution difference, period. Sounds like you bought the
Best Buy sales pitch."

I'm watching the same tv at different resolutions. *And at 1080p the
picture is clearly better than at 720p.

I know what I said. I'm talking about the SAME source on a 720 vs 1080
TV. I NEVER said that a 1080p wasn't a better source than
720p.........sheesh.- Hide quoted text -

He doesn't understand the difference between the source resolution and
the native resolution of the display. Watching 720P on a 1080P
display is not the same thing as watching 720P on a display that has a
maximum resolution of 720P.