Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default Led vs LCD TVs and 720 pixels vs 1080.

On Nov 18, 1:11*pm, Smitty Two wrote:
In article
,

*Ron wrote:
On Nov 18, 12:54 pm, Smitty Two wrote:
In article
,

Ron wrote:
And I suppose you can hear an audible difference between coat hangers
and Monster Cable, right?

Nope. Monster Cable is snake oil. Picture resolution is, uh, about as
plain as science and math gets. I was just pointing out the obvious:
humans disregard science and math in favor of emotion and snake oil.

No reasonable human being can possibly claim that 720 lines of
resolution are in any way equal to 1080 lines of resolution. It is so
utterly nonsensical that the fact that it's being debated is a tragic
indictment of human intelligence.

Again, it depends on the viewing distance!!!!!! What is so hard to
understand about that?????

Of course it depends on the viewing distance. Why not go back to your
old 27" RCA console from 1962, and just look at it from down the block?

Everything depends on the viewing distance: paint quality on your wall
or car, cleanliness of the frying pan, curd size of the cottage cheese
in Aunt Mabel's panties.

Saying the pictures look the same as long as you're far enough away to
not be able to notice a difference hardly qualifies as a legitimate
argument. What is so hard to understand about that?????

I give up. It's your money.