Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Drilling bench dog holes?

On 11/17/10 7:17 PM, FrozenNorth wrote:
On 11/17/10 8:11 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 11/17/10 6:46 PM, Upscale wrote:
wrote in message
"What's wrong with a hand held drill to drill bench dog holes."

The only reply I can give to that is the dog holes have the potential
to be
drilled on an angle, as slight as that may be. With a router, you're
almost
guaranteed that the hole is going to be vertically cut.

IMO...
if you can't drill a hole straight enough for a bench dog hole, then you
shouldn't be woodworking. :-)

Ummm, he is woodworking from a wheel chair, their are limitations as to
his angles of attack on a project.

See my other post... I forgot who we were talking to. :-)
However, I suggested a right angle drill, which I think would work for
him.
I just think the router would make way too much dust... which he's
trying to avoid.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)