Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default Drilling bench dog holes?

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
If it were 3"-4" thick, different story, but it's only 1-3/4", different
story.

Haven't seen too many plunge routers with a 4" depth cutting ability anyway.

Just make sure to use ac backer to eliminate tear out.

Of course, that's just common sense. Since I'll be using a template guide
for the router I'm considering hogging out most of each hole with a 1/2" or
so spade bit and then come along with the router to more easily finish the
holes. But, I'll try a few initial holes with the bit only and if the going
is not too difficult, I won't bother using the spade bit.