Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default Drilling bench dog holes?

"Leon" wrote in message
Plunge router? Tape it in place and put tape around any openings that
duse would escape with the exception of where you attach you Festool Vac.
Use a 3/4" straight bit.

Yup, that's going to be my preferred method as suggested by Lew. It won't
be too difficult for me to make a simple enclosure with the CT22 attached
to house the router while I cut the holes. I already have a 3/4" carbide
router bit, but it's single flute and I've long intended to buy a double
flute bit, so this is my opportunity. A pieced of hardboard used as a
template guide will round off the process.

I briefly considered using a brad point drill or perhaps a spade drill, but
since I'm unable to lean over the drill to put weight on it as well as to
easily eyeball a decent vertical entry point, my plunge router seems like
the obvious choice.

Now, all I have to do is to convince my best friend to let me "borrow" my
plunge router back from him.