Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman[_3_] The Medway Handyman[_3_] is offline

Default How much to change a pullswitch?

geoff wrote:
In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 14/11/2010 15:31, dennis@home wrote:

"ad" wrote in message
On Nov 14, 10:08 am, "The Medway Handyman" davidno-spam-
wrote:

The only exception to that is if its an expensive item & the
customer is VAT
registered (I'm not). In that case I ask for cash from them, get
the item &
give them the change & the VAT receipt.

And I wonder how many 'small traders' charge VAT when they aren't
even registered for it ?.

Only the ones committing fraud.
Incidentally claiming VAT back on stuff that is not passed on to a
third party is also fraud.

No its not. A VAT registered business will claim back VAT on all
purchases. It will charge VAT on all sales. It will pay HMRC the
difference. Hence the tax raised on the Value Added by the business.

Its OK I have already accepted that i was wrong.
I just wont say yes or no to geof as it is winding him up so much
its funny. He even gets wound up because I miss bits off his name
which I do because he appears to like to change mine.
It appears that the original VAT system was changed

No it hasn't

and I didn't notice but so what? I don't run a business.

You couldn't

He could Geoff.

He could start a driving school.

Or become a VAT consultant