Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default How much to change a pullswitch?

In message , John
Rumm writes
On 14/11/2010 15:31, dennis@home wrote:

"ad" wrote in message
On Nov 14, 10:08 am, "The Medway Handyman" davidno-spam-
wrote:

The only exception to that is if its an expensive item & the customer
is VAT
registered (I'm not). In that case I ask for cash from them, get the
item &
give them the change & the VAT receipt.

And I wonder how many 'small traders' charge VAT when they aren't even
registered for it ?.

Only the ones committing fraud.
Incidentally claiming VAT back on stuff that is not passed on to a third
party is also fraud.

No its not. A VAT registered business will claim back VAT on all
purchases. It will charge VAT on all sales. It will pay HMRC the
difference. Hence the tax raised on the Value Added by the business.

(where "all" obviously accounts for varying VAT rates - i.e. no VAT to
reclaim on books for example)

The whole concept of VAT is that its the end user that pays.
It is illegal for a company to buy something, use it and then claim the
VAT back.

Twaddle.

He still won't admit he was wrong

he doesn't have a clue about business

I suppose he didn't need to as a middle manager at marconis

--
geoff