Posted to rec.woodworking
lektric dan lektric dan is offline

Default Oak Sawdust

I'm working on a biofuels research project at the univ. of Okla.
School of Chemical Engineering. We'd like to obtain some oak sawdust
to try our process on. We need very fine sawdust, not chips or
"flour". Does anyone know where I can get this, or is willing to make
some for us? We need about 10-15 gallons worth to start with (we'll
need to sieve what we get to sort out the particle size we need). If
things go well, we might need this much every week or two.

Failing to be able to buy the sawdust, what would be the best way to
make our own? The first batch I made, I "ground up" a 1X4 on my
contractor's saw using a dado blade. The wood, being oak, didn't like
this, and tried to kick back every few inches of feed.