Posted to alt.home.repair
Pavel314[_2_] Pavel314[_2_] is offline

Default Kerosene, Fuel Oil and Diesel

On Nov 15, 9:40*pm, Steve Barker wrote:
On 11/15/2010 5:32 AM, Pavel314 wrote:

We bought a kerosene heater recently. Both Home Depot and Lowes sell
kerosene for about $10 per gallon but I think I can get it cheaper at
one of the local gas stations.

I was wondering if I could use fuel oil in a kerosene heater, seeing
that I have a couple hundred gallons in the tank behind the house. How
about diesel? I googled the three and got various opinions so I
thought I'd ask here where people have real experience with such
things.

Paul

Diesel will run in a kero heater but if it is a siphon feed, it won't be
a good clean burn. *If it's a bigger heater with a positive displacement
pump and injector, it'll work on diesel fine. *Use the ultralo sulpher
stuff and you'll probably not see the difference from the kero. *Also,
you can get Kero a LOT cheaper than $10 from the local bulk fuel
supplier. *Find out who your local farms are getting it from.

--
Steve Barker

Thanks to all of you for your input.

Paul