Posted to uk.d-i-y
Booty Booty is offline

Default scrap metal

"Jim K" wrote in message
On Nov 15, 12:40 am, "Booty" wrote:

I used a scrap dealer that was used to weighing wagon loads of scrap and
had
a weighbridge at the entry point

you mean transit flatbeds full of, ahem "scrap"

Jim K

Well no doubt there were some of those but I didn't see any whilst I was
there.

But, while I was unloading my trailer, I did see a couple of very big wagons
( guess maybe 4 - 5 metres high ) arrive with that flexible top cover
swinging type of thing that swings from the back of the wagon to the front
to stop the scrap falling out on the road during transit.

Made me wonder why they would be interested in a 7 x 5 foot trailer load but
I had no problem.

The weighbridge was quite big.

Booty