Posted to rec.woodworking
RonB[_2_] RonB[_2_] is offline

Default Ryobi Planer - AP 10

On Nov 14, 7:58*pm, lzoto wrote:
I have come across a new in the box planer from 1985 that has never
been opened. *I am wondering if not having been run all these years
could be an issue. *Any other info on the planer would be helpful.

That is a pretty good machine, almost legendary. I owned its younger
cousin the 12-1/4" machine for about 13-15 years and just passed it on
to our son after I bought a heavier duty 15" planer.

But..... $200 seems high even if it is "new". Are you certain it is
new and not just cleaned up and in the box again. If truly new, and
you don't think you will want to plane wider stock it might be ok in
the $150-200 range but there are a lot of wider planers out there now.

RonB