Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheOldFellow TheOldFellow is offline

Default Laser printer eating toner

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 16:41:44 +0000, TheOldFellow wrote:

I've got a Xerox 6110N colour laser printer, all of a sudden it's
started to eat cyan toner ...

Well, I may not be buying a new one after all. Examination of the
insides (I got a pdf maintenance manual from the t'internet for nowt)
leads me to the conclusion that the last cyan toner cartridge must have
been faulty (yes, it was a re-manufactured one) and this led to clogging
of the mechanism. The next cartridge that I used then got wedged open by
the clog and damaged, so it is appeared U/S too.

I've cleared the clog (workshop vac with a fine nozzle, plus fine stick
to break it up), and the cartridge now seats well. I'll give it one more
try before the big Heave-Ho!

One thing is sure, I am not going back to Ink Jets.

R.