Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ryobi Planer - AP 10

lzoto wrote in news:d7741170-ceca-4e93-a9ae-91f24c4910d4
@i17g2000vbq.googlegroups.com:

I have come across a new in the box planer from 1985 that has never
been opened. I am wondering if not having been run all these years
could be an issue. Any other info on the planer would be helpful.

One common issue is old lube. Sometimes it'll set up and be more like
glue than lubrication. Don't take the planer apart more than you have
to, but check that the accessible parts move freely and aren't stuck in
place.

When testing electronics for the first time, I like to use a power strip
with an on/off switch. I turn the device on from the power strip and if
anything goes wrong my thumb is still on the switch to shut power off
immediately.

Puckdropper