Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default 75th Rangers ( Gunner's unit in Vietnam), was Fast track to inequality....

Steve B wrote:
..

I decided that I never wanted to smell like a dirty ashtray again, and
I haven't. Quitting alcohol and tobacco were each one-time deals.

Like I said, it's a decision. Choose wisely, grasshoppa.

To me, I like some people better when they drink. Most ex-drinkers and
ex-smokers rail on like an ex-prostitute.

Steve

Yup, My dad quit a few years ago when the doc said that he saw a small
spot on his lung. He was a 2-3 pack a day smoker for about 40 years.
He decided to stop and did. BUT he is also the most anti-smoking person
now. Plus he started eating anything that wasn't nailed down! Went from
around 290 up to almost 450!

I tried it a few times but nothing real major. Did drink REAL heavy for
a few years though. Decided that I had enough when I came out one day
and discovered my car all smashed to hell. I didn't remember a thing but
retraced my trip and discovered that I had left the bar, drove about 2
miles and went off road, through a stone wall fence, through a couple
barbed wire fences, across a small creek, back onto the road. Then made
it almost home before driving into the guard rails and tearing off a
fender and door skin. What really shocked me was that the car still
ran!!! It was a 74 Nova with a 6 in it. Poor thing was in good shape
till that night.

--
Steve W.
(\___/)