Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson Jon Anderson is offline

Default GPS info request..Nextar M3-02

On 11/14/2010 6:46 PM, wrote:

The one I have isn't even any good for telling me if I'm off route.
Only thing it's good for is a moving map, telling me where I am. Dead
accurate at that task, even if it doesn't have a clue where half the
roads in Canada are.

I bought a low end TomTom. It gives voice directions but doesn't read
off street names. It's worked very very well, but I bought the
Australian map and left it with my wife. This turned out to be a really
good thing as her son's starting to move up in cricket and she's having
to take him to games at places she's never been to.

One cool think about the TomTom is downloading alternater voices. I
found the Ozzie Osbourn voice file and it's a crackup.

"I-i-in 2-2-200 yards, y-y-you have reached y-y-your fooking destination"

Jon